Toilette Technology

The toilettes in the Hotel in Tokyo were something out of a science fiction novel. I say novel as opposed to film because it is an invention that is so advanced that it should really still remain in its conceptual phase. There is a sensor that recognizes when someone sits on the seat and emits a flushing sound intended to drown out the sound of excretion. I can appreciate this water saving feature, but wonder at the necessity of a some sound to mask the often barely audible sound of toilette use. I mean if a sound must be used, why not play music of the user's choice? If the toilette isn't even being flushed, why mimic the sound. There would seem to be many more pleasurable options.
They also have bidet features built into the toilette. That's right, you don't even have to get up off the seat to have your rear splashed with water. And there are two settings, spray and enema, with variable pressure options. All I can say is that here in Japan, at least they are putting their 'think tank' dollars to practical use.

3 Comments:
Finally, a solid use of technology!
I want to see your video of that singing, dancing urinal!
Ha ha ha... but don't these toilets rock????
Post a Comment
<< Home