O Happy Day!
So I have been without cereal now for well over two weeks. I have been unable to get myself back to the mainland of Okinawa for this whole time and have ran out of Japanese frosted flakes. There is this wonderful little not-so-secret-service (but it might remain so for non-Japanese speakers) one of the teachers here let me in on (Thanks Nigo-sensei). It's an online grocery store that delivers right to your door (I try to buy from the local grocers as much as I can to support them, but you just can't buy cereal from them). Now, because the grocery options here on the island are limited, not to mention, expensive, there are many items I can't buy until I get back to Naha. I love cereal; and i have been waking up, every morning since being without, to remember that I have no cereal. I ordered five bags of frosted flakes from this online grocer last week, however, because of the storm, the ferry has been cancelled many days in a row. Now that the waves have subsided, the ferry has once again resumed its daily sail to Tonaki. O HAPPY DAY! I am reunited with my beloved morning meal!

1 Comments:
Horray! Horray!! No more dreaming of Frosted Falkes. One must always keep a stash of favorite food in a secret place in case of a typhoon! (MA)
Post a Comment
<< Home