Monday, December 04, 2006

Wanna be a hipster?

I have to comment on a Canadian band a few of my closest friends quite enjoy. Though it had initially taken me quite a few listening to get into (many moons ago) the Tragically Hip finally produced for me a neural resonance that struck something in my midbrain 'cause I like their music and it's nothing like the genres I generally gravitate towards. They're just a good down-home, earthy Canadian band that are especially enjoyable driving with the windows down through the Coastal Mountains of BC. Anyways, I usually need to listen to their new albums a few times through before they take, but their newest, World Container, was an instant hit for my ears. If you've given up on 'the Hip,' have a listen to World Container and reintroduce yourself. Who doesn't want another good friend? Perhaps it'll be the start of a beautiful relationship.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joel and I were just listening to that album on a recent road trip. We were jamming to any hip song that happened to be in the key of C. WE definitely thought of you on that trip. Long live the hack trio!

7:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home